The ISOMATE A/OFM took grant of final authorization as plant protection product (insecticide-pherome) (No 9065/22-10-2012), which is used for the control of Oriental fruit moth (Cydia molesta) and Peach twig borer (Anarsia Lineatella) in peach and plum trees. This trend gives new hopes to the spread of Mating Disruption method and creates new opportunities for peach growers to gain competitive advantage in the increasingly demanding export destinations.
ADVANTAGES OF ISOMATE A/OFM
1. No chemical residues in the products
2. The Isomate A/OFM application, helps to minimize the use of chemical products and resifues, and at the same time increase the commercial value of peaches. (competitive advantage for the Greek exports)
3. Pre-Harvest Interval (PHI)=0
4. The product is friendly to the grower, to the consumer and to the environment (Low risk)
5. THe use of pheromone products is compatible with the beneficial flora and does not pose the pest in resistance
6. Is an ideal product for programs of Integrated Crop Management
7. Is economical due to the fact that is applied once in growing period before the first flight of adults, and it lasts 150 days at least.